Join Our Team of Dedicated Pool Technicians Today
Are you looking for a rewarding, exciting, and hands-on career that will always keep you on your toes?
Becoming a part of our team can provide you with a career that is both interesting and rewarding.
We’re a well-established, highly reputable company that takes great care of customers and team members. We offer competitive pay and benefits and strive to provide everyone with a positive working experience.
If you think you can make an outstanding contribution to our team, send your resume to email@example.com.
In your email, let us know why you feel you’d be a good fit for our team. Please refer to the position title in your subject line.
Position: Service Technician
Reports to: Service Manager
Payan Pool Service is a fast-paced service and repair company in business since 1987. The Service Technician expertly cleans and maintains pools and spas for our clients, and works closely with the Repair team to provide outstanding overall service.
- Be prepared to start work by 6:30 am or designated time. Must be accessible by mobile telephone during business hours.
- Execute, and record into company software, the following tasks at the appropriate intervals:
- Vacuum pool, spa and or vanishing edge catch basin (trough), each visit.
- Test sanitizer, pH, salt, each visit.
- Test stabilizer/conditioner, alkalinity, monthly.
- Test calcium hardness, TDS, phosphates and LSI, every March and October.
- Empty pump baskets, and brush walls and tile, each visit.
- On commercial pools: Complete, sign and date chemical logs on each visit. Replace chemical logs on the first business day of each month. Check and document influent and effluent PSI, and flow (GPM), each visit. Ensure that 8-in-1 signs are filled out properly (hours and occupancy load). Check all health code parameters including safety ropes, buoys, hooks and poles.
- Immediately report any concerns about assigned jobs.
- Maintain a neat, tidy and organized work vehicle at all times. Properly dispose of all trash and debris.
- Communicate frequently and openly with the Repair team to help ensure that repair/upgrade requests made by weekly service customers are addressed thoroughly and promptly.
- Help source parts and other necessary materials. Promptly notify Manager of any supply shortages.
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will be a quick learner, self-motivated, able to take leadership and direction, and have the following skills:
- In-depth knowledge of industry best practices and service standards.
- Ability to stay organized and set priorities, exercising sound independent judgment within areas of assigned responsibility.
- Independently utilize and navigate modern-day technology effectively and efficiently including but not limited to PC-based desktop computers, portable devices such as mobile phones, laptops, the Internet, and web-based email.
- Communicate clearly, concisely, and effectively in person, or over the phone, and in writing via email, letters, and reports.
- Exercise tact, objectivity, sensitivity, strategy, and judgment when dealing with customers, and other staff.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. safely.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Some vocational training or job-related course work preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of hands-on pool service experience.
- Minimum 3 years of customer service experience.
- Competent with a variety of computer software programs.
Want to join our team?
If you think you’re the perfect fit for our team, then we want to hear from you.